NYPSI’s Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Program (PPP) is a two-year program designed to assist participants in conceptualizing and expanding their knowledge of psychodynamic psychotherapy.
David Goldenberg, M.D.
212-717-4834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Twersky, M.D.
Maxine Fenton Gann, Ph.D.
Richard Brent, M.D.
Progression and Supervision
Daniel W. Prezant, Ph.D.
Qualified mental health professionals who are currently engaged in the practice of psychotherapy are welcome to apply. Each applicant must be licensed and insured to the standards of his or her discipline.
We invite applications for psychodynamic psychotherapy training from:
1. Physicians licensed to practice in the State of New York who are enrolled in or have completed a full-time, approved psychiatric residency.
2. Psychologists with a Ph.D. degree or a Psy.D. from a doctoral program accredited by the American Psychological Association, and Social Workers with a Ph.D. or D.S.W. degree in social work from a doctoral program recognized by G.A.D.E. A license to practice in the respective field in New York State is required.
3. Social Workers with a New York State License in Clinical Social Work.
4. Mental Health Counselors with a New York State License
5. Registered Nurses and Nurse Practioners with a New York State License
Application for Admission
Applications for the 2017 - 2018 academic year will be accepted until June 1st.
Applicants should submit, along with their application, a nonrefundable application fee of $55 and two letters of reference. Because the practice of psychodynamic psychotherapy requires psychological mindedness, maturity, integrity and personal stability, each applicant will be interviewed by a member of the Admissions Committee. All applicants will be considered without regard to national and ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.
Because self-understanding is essential for therapists, it is strongly recommended that participants in the program will be in, or have previously had, personal psychoanalysis or psychoanalytically-oriented psychotherapy.
2017-2018 Program Fees
(Please note fees are subject to inflation)
1. Nonrefundable application fee of $55
2. Tuition and Supervision fees are billed biannually on July 1 and January 15.
Tuition: $1,250 per semester
Supervision: $1,500 annually (1 Supervisor)
Tuition: $1,250 per semester
Supervision: $3,000 annually (2 Supervisors)
Each participant will be assigned an advisor who will be available to assist with progression and to serve as a liaison with the faculty. Student progress is reviewed by supervisors together with his/her advisor.
Participants in the program will meet weekly with supervisors to discuss patients in their own psychotherapy practice. Students have one supervisor the first year and two the second year to complete a total of 99 hours of supervision to be eligible for a certificate. Additional supervision during the first year is available for an additional fee.
Attendance at all clinical seminars, completion of 99 hours of supervision, and payment of any outstanding fees are required for a certificate of completion of the program.
Continuing Education Credits
At this time, NYPSI is approved to offer continuing education credit for PPP courses taken by physicians, psychologists, and social workers. Credit is based on attendance. Please contact the Administrative Director to obtain documentation of credit at 212-879-7050.
How To Apply for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy TrainingYou may download an application to apply for the psychodynamic psychotherapy training program.
September 19, 2017